Avoid unwanted calls!
Call Screening will intercept calls from preselected numbers and route them according to the predefined option. Choose up to ten numbers to be directed as you require from the options below.
Your phone will not ring, and you will not be disturbed by unwanted calls.
Please note that the screening is done by account and not by extension.
- Five rings and then voice mail: The phone will not ring, and the screened caller will be able to leave a message. Can be used in business accounts in an interactive menu for example it routes calls to the dialled extensions.
- Five rings followed by the message: The phone will not ring, and the screened caller will hear the pre-recorded message: “The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time.”
- Busy signal: The screened caller will hear the busy signal.
- Ringtones: The screened caller will hear ringing tones, the phone will not ring, and the screened caller will not be able to leave a message.
Set up Call Screening using our customer portal.
- Log in to our customer portal.
- Click on the Telephony link and then click on the New option.
- Enter the 10-digit phone number preceded by its country code (ex: +1 for Canada > +14183806063) that you wish to filter in the Phone Number field.
- Select the preferred action from the options in the Action list.
- Put a note or description in the Notes field if necessary.
- Click the Save button to add the number you just entered to your list of screened numbers.
- You can screen up to ten phone numbers.
- To remove a number from the list, click on the number to select it and then click the Remove button.
Set up Call Screening using the *60 function
You can also add a number to filter calls using the *60 option. This feature allows you to filter the last phone number that contacted you.
To use this function:
- Pick up your handset
- Dial *60
- Follow the instructions carefully.
Do you have any questions, or would you like to learn more about this feature?