Send a Virtual Fax
Sending a document to a fax machine can be done in one of the two different ways below.
Users who want to send a fax must do so using an account or email address registered in their profile.
This person must also be authorized to use the fax service.
Launch your email application such as Outlook and follow the instructions below:
- Recipient: Enter the recipient’s fax number of 10 or more digits followed by @fax.omnivigil.com such as XXXXXXXXXX@fax.omnivigil.com.
- Fax content: Our fax solution allows you to send 2 content options:
- The first option is an email which format must be only plain text and will be your comment on the cover page.
- The second option is to attach the fax (file) as a PDF attachment.
- Please note that both options are possible. The first cover page will contain your comment and the other pages will be made up of your PDF.
- Confirmation: A confirmation of the transmission of the fax is returned to the recipient by email with the result of the operation.
Through our OMNIconnect portal
A sending form is also available in your customer portal. The user must have access rights to the service.
In order to do so:
- Select the fax number to be used to send the form.
- Click on the action (button) Send.
- Fill out the form.
- Then click on the Submit button.
It is important to remember that it can take up to 4 hours to transmit a fax by e-mail, a delay that varies depending on, among other things, the number of pages to be transmitted, the complexity of the content, network conditions, congestion at the destination and the quality and compatibility of the remote device. The service will retry to the destination up to 10 times before dropping out if this is the case.
Do you have questions about how the virtual fax service works?